Fearofphysics Presents: "Doughtronics"
Build electronics using dough
Scroll through the pictures to take a tour.
Buy your Doughtronics Kit - $39.99
What's in the kit?
- 9V battery clip (9V battery not included)
- On/off push button switch
- Photo cell (changes resistance with light intensity)
- Six LEDs: white, blue, red, green flashing, green/yellow bicolor, red-green-blue fluttering
- Magnetic switch (goes on when a magnet is brought nearby)
- Small magnet
- Tilt switch (goes on when tilted just right)
- Can of dough (color varies)
- Cool white box with a lid
- See the kit here.
What can you do with this kit?
A lot! Here's 20+ things you can build
. To see it all in action,
What's your return policy?
We are happy to process returns within 30 business days from the order. Buyer assumes return shipping, and a 15% restocking fee. After 30 days,
we'll work with you to fix what might be wrong (broken part, etc.). Contact us at the address below.
The LED won't light and/or the beeper won't make a sound. Are they burned out?
Likely not. Reverse the connection wires and the LED should light and the beeper should "beep." LEDs are marvelous light
sources, but only work one way in a circuit.
Can I used my own dough / Play-doh?
Yes! All brands and colors work just fine!
What about dough sticking to the metal contacts?
You should wipe them off, as it helps the electrical conductivity. We just wait until the dough dries a bit on the contacts,
then it crumbles right off.
Questions? Email us at
Who are you?
We're teachers that have been running science outreach on the California Central Coast using dough-electronics
for 4 years now. Here's your chance to get a kit and try it all out for yourself. Here's some things we've seen
(kids love it):